Alabet Temple was started by 22 dedicated and enthusiastic women and was charted on October 25, 1926. Through the years our women have made quilts and hospital gowns, knitted sweaters, given toys and games and of course the ever popular tray favor at holiday time.
These things happened in our temple:
- Our first queen, Louise Jarrett in 1926, held sessions and 11 ceremonials.
- The first sessions were held at the Union Fellowship Hall located in the 100 block of South Main Street. Rent was $8.00. Dues were $3.00 and initiation fees were $15.00.
- In 1947 Alabet Temple was hostess for Supreme Session which was held at the Nelson Hotel. It was at this Session that Alabet Temple’s past queen Norma Fisher Hoble was installed as the 30th Supreme Queen. At this time there were only 88 temples with a membership of 27,919.
- Alabet Patrol was organized in 1945. The Dancers unit was organized in 1949. The Alabet Chorus was organized in 1949, first performance in 1950. It became an official unit in 1988.
- In 1990 and 1991 Alabet had the opportunity to help institute and constitute a new temple, Ajec Temple 156 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.